Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Freckles Update

Hope all is going well!  I thought I would give you an update on Freckles!  We chose Bee Creek's Dogwood Double Play  as his registered name, however the boys have chosen to call him "Sammy".  Anyhow, he is doing great! I'm very impressed with his intelligence and intensity and he is full of spirit.  His yard work is progressing very well and we have been working a lot on pointing a quail wing in the yard, which he has performed very well on.  We introduced him to live quail this morning and after bumping the 1st couple of birds, he locked up on the 3rd, and gave 3 more points on other birds in addition.  He began hunting with his nose and did a great job of locating the birds that we had placed.  I also introduced him to the starter pistol (from a distance) this morning and he paid it no attention.  

Needless to say, we are very pleased with his progression and he has been a great addition to the family!

Best of luck in the field!!!