Monday, October 11, 2010

A Callie Update!

We were thrilled to hear from Callie's family in Minnesota today!

Thanks so much for all  the updates on the pups. I was so sad to hear about "Freckles". I can't even imagine losing a pet like that.  Jeremy thought it was best to send Callie off for professional training than do it himself.  On August 26th, Jeremy & the girls brought her to Willow Creek Kennels which is about 1 1/2 hours from us.  It killed me to see her go but I knew it was probably best.  She too was getting very adventurous and got away from me a couple times and I thought she was gone.  I was worried sick that she would get hit by a car as she is very quick.  I told Jeremy that it would be in our best interest to get Callie trained so she knew the basic commands.  What I didn't realize is that she would have to go so far away and be gone for 8 weeks.  Jeremy and the girls visit her on the weekends and I stay home because I know if I went to see her and would want her to come back home with me. 

The trainer says she is an amazing dog and a really nice pup.  She was very easy to train and loves being there so that helped me feel comfortable where she was.  They say she has a GREAT nose and can sniff out everything and also retrieves very well.  I will get to see her progress when we go pick her up this Wednesday and finally bring her back home where she belongs.  I will email pictures later in the week and let you know how the training went.