Saturday, March 5, 2011

One Year Old and a Callie Update

It's amazing that the pups turned a year old today.  Wow!  The time has sure gone by quickly.  I wanted to have some photos of Piper and Jett to share, but the weather was too wet today to get any decent shots, and I have definitely slacked in terms of picture taking overall.  Piper is lean and intense, and Jett is fuzzy and goofy.  However, he has come a long way in the last few months with his maturity.  Both pups obey well to their basic commands and love to RUN!  With the wintry weather they don't get to go on 4 wheeler runs nearly as often, so the Spring-like days we have recently had are a much needed lift for their spirit and energy.

We received an update from Callie's family, in Minnesota.  We were thrilled to hear how well Callie is doing and to see several pics of her sweet self!

Hi Braughton Family!

Just a quick update on Callie. First of all...Happy 1st birthday to the pups! I can't believe it was a year ago today that these amazing pups were born. I gave Callie a special treat today for her birthday. She got a large meaty bone and she was sure proud of it. She didn't want anyone to get it, so she decided to bury it. That didn't last too long, as she unburied it and brought it into the house. On February 1st, she went into to her first heat. She was awfully cranky and had a weird behavior for 3 weeks. She is now back to her lovable & cuddily self. We've decided to get Callie spayed which will happen in a couple of weeks. She is finally house broken as she has not had any accidents for awhile. She still loves riding in the car, so she pretty much goes everywhere we go. Our favorite bonding time is bath time. She just loves getting in the tub and laying down. She can't wait for the rub down! It sure makes giving her a bath easy. Well, it looks like she has had a productive day and is all worn out. As I sit here writing this email, she is all cozied up on the couch, relaxing.  

Hope all is well with your family and I will write again soon.